Monday, March 11, 2013

Artistic and Conceptual Works


This year, I am pleased to announce, I will be adding artistic and conceptual works to my portfolio. Doing conceptual work will allow me to explore  my more artistic side and encourage me to think outside the box.  I am really thrilled to be able to share my upcoming works with you.
Like the definition of  art, the definition of conceptual photography has, in recent history, been up for much debate.  What is art? Who decides if it’s artistic? Who decides if it is good or not?  Mind you we are not talking about “what is good photography”. That is an entirely different debate all together (we won’t get into that today).
Wikipedia states that Conceptual photography  is a type of photography that illustrates an idea. There have been illustrative photographs made since the medium’s invention, for example in the earliest staged photographs, such as Hippolyte Bayard’s ’Self Portrait as a Drowned Man’ (1840). However, the term Conceptual Photography derives from Conceptual Art a movement of the late 1960s. Today the term is used to describe either a methodology or a genre.
Simply put it is a concept or a story that you wish to convey though photography to the viewer. How the viewer interprets  the photography is where “art” comes into play. Art is intended to create and emotion from the viewer.
Below is my first addition to my Artistic & Conceptual art folder. I hope you like the photos and I cannot wait to share more with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment