Monday, March 11, 2013

Bridal, Peabody Hotel Memphis, TN


Welcome to Delta Ridge Photography! I’m so glad you could join me today. I really hope that you enjoy my blog post and the photos posted. Please fill free to leave feedback!
One of the hardest things for me to do is blog. I am not a gifted writer and I have a terrible time putting into words how I feel or what I would like to say.
There are several blogs that I follow and I am just amazed by their incredible talent at conveying weekly or daily happenings. Hopefully, the more I blog the better I will get. You are not gonna be absolutely great at something the very first time you try it.  Take photography for example…. The first time I picked up a camera, took a few snap shots, and had my film (yes, film) developed I was appalled at how terrible they were!
Shouldn’t one be able to just pick up a camera, point it at something, and produce a great images? UMMMM…..no. It takes many years of learning, practice,  and patience, before you can produce a solid photo. I am STILL learning new camera and lighting techniques.  It took me 13 years to slap the word professional at the front of the word photographer and call myself one.  I, still to this day, wonder if the title is appropriate for me. It is not a word that, someone who owns a camera,  should be tossed around so easily.
This past week I had the absolute honor and privilege to do bridal portraits at The Peabody Hotel in Memphis, TN. The Peabody is an extremely grand place. It is bustles with excitement, piano music resonates throughout the lobby, and the entire place seems to glitter and sparkle. I love it.
I love how the staff greets you with a smile and are quick to lend you assistance if need be. I used to work in a 4 star 4 diamond hotel (at the front desk) when I lived in New Orleans. So I have a ton of respect for people who work in the hospitality industry. Okay, back on track……
The place is glittering and sparkling…..In walks the bride. Whoa! The Peabody does not hold a candle to Sarah’s beauty (and there are a lot of candles in the Peabody). I knew right away this was going to be a great shoot.
There were some lighting issues and I had a lens that was being cantankerous. But, in the end we got some awesome shots and we had a wonderful time.








I hope you have a wonderful day! Thank you Sarah R. and Mrs. Margie for letting me be your photographer. I cannot wait until the big day.
Nikki-


No comments:

Post a Comment